- .007 to .315 Inches In Wire Diameter For Round Wire
- Round, Rectangular, Square & Special-Section Wire
- Custom Wire Forms Manufactured to Meet Your Needs
Wire Form Manufacturing Specifications
While we have listed some of the most common sizes, materials and manufacturing specifications, Newcomb Spring provides completely customized production on all wire forms.
- Large Volume Orders, Short Runs & Prototypes – formed, assembled and packaged to meet your requirements.
- Proprietary Camera Gauge for Superior Quality – photographs and verifies each part, automatically adjusting production without shutdown.
- Kando Tech Centers – in all 8 manufacturing facilities you can work with our team and equipment to optimize designs and lower costs.
- Engineering Support – our team can provide expert design assistance on any order, or view our online spring design resources.
Material Shapes & Specifications For Custom Wire Forms
- .007 to .629 Inches (16mm) in Wire Diameter For Round Wire
- Up to 2.0 Inches Bar Stock
- Round Wire
- Square Wire
- Rectangular Wire
- Special Section Wire
Common Wire Form Materials
- Spring Steel
- High Carbon Steel
- Low Carbon Steel
- Nickel Plated Carbon Steel
- Stainless Alloys
- Non-Ferrous Metals
- and More
Wire Forms Information
Wire Form Design & Prototyping
Recent advances in CNC manufacturing technology have significantly lowered the cost of creating prototypes of complex wire form parts. The Newcomb engineering staff gladly assists customers with part design, and we often produce wire form prototypes to help make sure components will fit spatial requirements. Modern prototypes often can be changed and reproduced in minutes, saving time, lowering costs and avoiding design errors.
To make sure a component's dimensions fall within predetermined tolerances, wire forms often are stress-relieved during production. This process improves the reliability of Newcomb Spring wire forms in your products while streamlining the manufacturing process and lowering total production costs. The customer should also review proper bend radii considerations to ensure part performance and longevity.
Custom Wire Form Materials
As with all Newcomb Spring parts, we custom manufacture wire forms to precisely comply to each customer's tolerance specifications. We can produce wire forms out of almost any material shape, although most often wire forms are produced from:
- Rolled Round Wire
- Flattened Round Wire
- Rectangular Material
- Shaped Material
- Tempered Wire When Wire Forms Are Designed To Store And Release Energy
Below are just a small selection of the wire forms we have produced, including:
- Battery Contact Wire Form
- Clamp Wire Form
- Cotter Pin Wire Form
- D Ring Wire Form
- Eyelet Wire Form
- Guide Wire
- Hanger Form
- Hinged Clamp Wire Form
- Hook Wire Form
- Latch Form
- Trip Wire
- Wire Bracket
- Wire Supports
Torsion Spring Manufacturer Gallery
As a custom torsion spring and double torsion spring manufacturer, Newcomb Spring can produce a wide variety of custom spring shapes, sizes and designs. Using material sizes from .007 to .625 inches in wire diameter, and up to 2.0 inches bar stock, all Newcomb parts are precision manufactured to meet even the strictest order requirements.
We produce a wide variety of spring shapes, designs, and a virtually unlimited variety of end types. With over a century of spring design and manufacturing experience, we can provide design assistance on your order, helping to lower production costs and review your part's fit and function.